Abernathy I.S.D. serves students in the city of Abernathy as well as the outlying area around Abernathy. Boundaries posted on this website are approximate. If there are specific questions regarding our boundaries, please contact Abernathy I.S.D. with the nearest intersection and the appropriate physical address. If there are questions regarding the A.I.S.D. transfer student procedures, please contact any of our district offices:
- High School: (806) 298-2563
- Middle School: (806) 298-4921
- Elementary: (806) 298-4930
- A.I.S.D. Administration Office: (806) 298-4940
Out-of-district transfers include students who reside outside of our Abernathy I.S.D. boundaries who would like to attend school within A.I.S.D.
Who can apply for an Out-of-District Transfer?
A.I.S.D. welcomes students from all other surrounding districts. Parents must complete an A.I.S.D. Transfer Student Application to begin the process for being considered to attend Abernathy I.S.D. schools. The application is located on any A.I.S.D. campus as well as our website in this Student Transfer section.
Out-of-District Transfer Application Process
- Complete an Transfer Student Application for each child being considered to attend a A.I.S.D. school. The application link is located on this page. Applications are also located at any school office and at the administration building. An application must be filled out for each child being considered for transfer.
- After the application is completed, it must be turned in to the school in which the student will attend. If the parent has children attending more than one A.I.S.D. campus, each application must be taken to the appropriate grade level campus of each child.
- A parent is required to provide the student's attendance, discipline, and academic records (including state assessment records) from the last school attended for the Student Transfer Review Committee to consider.
- The Student Transfer Review Committee will determine if the student qualifies for transfer into A.I.S.D. Whether the student is accepted or denied a transfer, the campus principal will notify the parent of the decision in a timely manner.
- If accepted, the student will be allowed to enroll in the appropriate campus. The student's name will be on the next A.I.S.D. Board Meeting Agenda for their consideration as well. If the board approves the transfer, the parent will be notified in writing by the Superintendent's Secretary. If the transfer is not approved, the Superintendent's Secretary will notify the parent by phone. If the student is enrolled at that time, the parent must withdraw the student and return to their home campus.