- High School: (806) 298-2563
- Middle School: (806) 298-4921
- Elementary: (806) 298-4930
- AISD Administration Office: (806) 298-4940
Out-of-district transfers include students who reside outside of our Abernathy ISD boundaries who would like to attend school within AISD.
Who can apply for an Out-of-District Transfer?
AISD welcomes students from all other surrounding districts. Parents must complete an AISD Transfer Student Application to begin the process for being considered to attend Abernathy ISD schools. The application is located on any AISD campus as well as our website in this Student Transfer section.
Out-of-District Transfer Application Process
- Complete a Transfer Student Application for each child being considered to attend a AISD school. The application link is located on this page. Applications are also located at any school office and at the administration building. An application must be filled out for each child being considered for transfer.
- After the application is completed, it must be turned in to the school in which the student will attend. If the parent has children attending more than one AISD campus, each application must be taken to the appropriate grade level campus of each child.
- A parent is required to provide the student's attendance, discipline, and academic records (including state assessment records) from the last school attended for the Student Transfer Review Committee to consider.
- The Student Transfer Review Committee will determine if the student qualifies for transfer into AISD, and forward their recommendation to the Superintendent who will make the final decision.
- If the transfer application is accepted, the campus principal will notify the parent to proceed with enrollment process. Approved student transfers shall be granted for one regular school year at a time.
- If the transfer application is denied and the student is currently enrolled, the parent must withdraw the student and return to their home campus.